Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Crescent Rolls & Cinnamon Rolls

Here is a great recipe my friend shared with me! I LOVE these rolls!

Crescent Rolls
yeast (in separate cup): 
1 C warm water
2 TB yeast
2 TB sugar
-----------
(in mixer)
2 C warm milk (microwave 2 min or less)
3/4 C butter (melted)
--add yeast--
2 tsp salt
2 TB sugar
~8 1/3 C flour - add a little at a time (you don't want it to be sticky)

Mix 5 min

Separate into 4 balls, roll out using cooking spray


Bake at 400° for 12-14 min (Not too browned on top, then they'll be to hard. I use glass pans and check the bottoms to see if the bottoms are brown, then they're perfect. :))

**Also I like to spray a pan and line them up tight together and freeze them.

Then after they're frozen I put them in a bag to be easy and quick in the future! :)


Cinnamon Rolls
Same recipe as above.


Roll out into rectangle. Spread on soft butter, thick layer of brown sugar, sprinkle on cinnamon and pecans, and raisins (optional). Roll up then use floss to cut into ~1.5 inch slices. (Enjoy Natalie's lovely singing in the background! haha)


Let raise for 3-4 hours. (cover with a towel and heat oven to 170° or so, so the heat comes thru and raises them quicker.)

Bake at 400° for about 14 min. (or I sometimes freeze these the same way as the crescent rolls! :))

Icing:
2 C pwd sugar
2 oz cream cheese
2 TB butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 TB milk, add little at a time


~Rachel

1 comment: