Friday, November 20, 2009

White Chili

Yea! I'm contributing to the recipe blog! =) Here is a good & quick one I got from a friend. It feeds Steve and I perfectly with enough to have one leftover meal. So I might say to double it if you're feeding 4-5 ish people.

In frying pan combine:

2 1/2 C cooked chicken - cut up into small pieces
1/2 of a white onion - chopped
1 Tbsp veg. oil
1/2 tsp garlic pwd.

Transfer ingredients to a big pot. Then add:

2 cans great northern beans - rinse
1 can chicken broth
1 can diced green chilies
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp pepper

Bring to boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 30 min uncovered.

Then add:
1/2 C whipping cream
1 C sour cream

Enjoy! =)
-Rach

3 comments:

  1. That does look good and quick and easy --even better! Thanks Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I'll have to try it. (And I even have most of the ingredients on hand!)

    ReplyDelete