Hi everyone. I thought it would be fun to start a recipe blog. If anyone else wants to join me as a contributor, please let me know! The more recipes, the more fun it will be.
This is a recipe I tried recently that I thought was appropos for the fall season. It was very easy and surprisingly good. Just be sure not to use any more than one pound of pumpkin or the pumpkin will be overpowering! This can be used as a main dish or as a side dish and makes approximately 6 servings.
1 pound of fresh or canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp salt
Dash of black pepper
Dash of nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 tbsp melted butter
1 egg
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Combine pumpkin, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cloves and butter. Place in a small, lightly buttered cassserole dish. In a separate bowl beat the egg with a fork then mix in the cream and Parmesan cheese. Pour over the pumpkin. Bake at 400 degress for 30 minutes or until the top is puffed and lightly browned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment