Monday, November 23, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I get requests for these cookies quite often. There are a couple of secrets to getting them to turn out right. One is to make sure the dough texture is right. (You may need to experiment with this a bit.) Two is to HAND mix everything. Do NOT use a blender on them. Enjoy!
Pre-heat oven to 375
Cream together:
2/3 cup butter (real butter tastes better!)
2/3 cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla (I use real vanilla)
2 eggs
Add:
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3-4 cups flour (you know the texture is right when the dough sticks together but doesn't stick to your hands very much. If the dough is too wet the cookies will be flat. If it is too dry they'll fall apart.)
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (You can use any kind of chips you want and add some nuts too if you want. I have found that milk chocolate makes them too sweet for my taste. Half mint chips and half semi-sweet chips are really good!)
Make into balls slightly larger than a walnut and place on cookie sheet. (Don't handle the dough too much.) They shouldn't stick to the cookie sheet.
Bake for 8-12 minutes. (Cooking time varies by oven. Cook until the tops are slightly brown.)
Cool on cookie sheet on cooling rack for a few minutes before removing to cooling rack to finish cooling.
ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Those sure look tasty. I would like to contribute... I made something really good and really easy last night for dinner. My email is shareceylyn@hotmail.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those do look good. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete